Serato DJ is in a weird place right now. Clearly it’s edging ever so slowly towards v2, but still has some worthy updates to bring before the versionometer ticks over to the next big release. And the new v1.9.6 delivers quite a generous scoop of new cool stuff for just about everyone, but especially DVS users.
And luckily for you, there’s a handy list of said stuff:
SERATO DJ 1.9.6 Public Beta Is Now Open
Serato DJ 1.9.6 is now in public beta and with this release we’ve focused on feedback from users to deliver one of our best updates yet.
This release includes:
- Significant DVS improvements including the new Anti-Drift option to stabilize BPM, Smart Sync and improvements to needle drop sensitivity.
- Feature improvements including Favorite FX banks, Chronological Loops, Reordering Loops and Enable/Disable Hot Cues as an option.
- Pitch Play mappings for supported hardware (requires Pitch ‘n Time DJ license).
- Significant stability & performance improvements.
Michael Redwood (Serato Product Team Manager) says:
“Serato DJ 1.9.6 offers new innovations and feature improvements for the DVS community with the new Anti-Drift feature to stabilize BPM, as well as adding Smart Sync for DVS.
This update also continues to streamline workflow and evolve Serato DJ in exciting new ways with the addition of Pitch Play to existing supported hardware, Favorite FX banks and more.
Lastly, we’ve further increased stability with powerful audio and memory optimisations and significant bug fixes.”
Join the Serato DJ 1.9.6 Public Beta to try this update early and give feedback.
Serato DJ 1.9.6 beta includes a number of exciting and important improvements for DVS users:
- New Anti-Drift option which allows DVS users to stabilize the BPM of playing tracks, perfect for long mixes and blends.
- Smart Sync is now available for DVS users. Sync multiple tracks and sources together easily without tracks falling out of beat.
- New option to allow pitch adjustments to make the BPM of all decks in sync follow.
- Improvements to Needle Drop sensitivity, for increased performance with the Sticker Lock feature and more.
Below are some great performance enhancements focused on improving your workflow:
- Pitch Play mappings for supported hardware, including the Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX, DJM-S9, Numark NS7III, NVII and more (requires Pitch ‘n Time DJ license).
- Favorite FX banks option allows you to easily recall your favorite FX configurations.
- Chronological Loops option for saving your Loops in chronological order.
- Loops can now be reordered into your preferred order.
- Enable/Disable Hot Cues option in setup menu.
Stability Improvements & Enhancements
We’ve been listening closely to our users and worked to include significant stability improvements on your most requested features. This includes:
- Dictate Smart Crates by key notation.
- Scratching no longer jumps out of a Loop.
- Playhead no longer jumps out of Loop when censor is released.
- Audio optimizations.
- Memory optimisations.
Join the Serato DJ 1.9.6 beta
This is quite a significant release with some rather nice features. Anti-Drift sounds very interesting, and I like the sound of Favourite FX (I shudder every time I see and type that). But enough talk — get thee to the public beta and start playing, but obviously not at a gig because that’s just crazy talk.