As is Serato’s way, out comes a public beta swiftly followed by a full release. And although a double point release, Serato DJ 1.9.6 has some pretty heavy updates, not least the improvements to DVS performance.
The lengthy press release follows:
Serato DJ 1.9.6 is now available to download and with this release we’ve focused on feedback from users to deliver one of our best updates yet.
This release includes:
- Significant DVS improvements including the new Anti-Drift option to stabilize BPM, Smart Sync and improvements to needle drop sensitivity.
- Feature improvements including Favorite FX Banks, Chronological Loops, Reordering Loops and Enable/Disable Hot Cues as an option.
- Pitch Play mappings for supported hardware (requires Pitch ‘n Time DJ license).
- Official support for the Reloop RMX-90 DVS 4-channel mixer.
- Significant stability & performance improvements.
Nick Maclaren (Head of Strategy at Serato) says:
“After paying close attention to user feedback over weeks of beta testing, we are now thrilled to officially release Serato DJ 1.9.6.
Our goal for version 1.9.6 was to hone in and fine tune features that are really important to our professional DJ customers.
We’ve added Pitch Play mappings to existing supported hardware, Favorite FX Banks, new Looping options, improved the Needle Drop sensitivity, Sticker Lock, and more.
Lastly, we’ve continued to focus on stability improvements with powerful new audio and memory optimizations to make this our most stable release to date.”
With Serato DJ 1.9.6 we’ve reset all Serato DJ Suite trial activations to date. So if you’ve already taken a two-week trial in the past, you can now try the full Serato DJ Suite again, for FREE.
This is a great time to test out Expansion Packs like Pitch ‘n Time DJ if you haven’t already.
Serato DJ 1.9.6 beta includes a number of exciting and important improvements for DVS users:
- New Anti-Drift option which allows DVS users to stabilize the BPM of playing tracks, perfect for Long mixes and blends.
- Smart Sync is now available for DVS users. Sync multiple tracks and sources together easily Without tracks falling out of beat.
- New option to allow pitch adjustments to make the BPM of all decks in sync follow.
- Improvements to Needle Drop sensitivity, for increased performance with the Sticker Lock feature and more.
Below are some great performance enhancements focused on improving your workflow:
- Pitch Play mappings for supported hardware, including the Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX, DJM-S9, Numark NS7III, NVII and more (requires Pitch ‘n Time DJ license).
- Favorite FX Banks option allows you to easily recall your favorite FX configurations.
- Chronological Loops option for saving your Loops in chronological order.
- Loops can now be reordered into your preferred order.
- Enable/Disable Hot Cues option in setup menu.
Reloop RMX-90 DVS Support
We are excited to include official support for the Reloop RMX-90 DVS, Reloop’s first 4-channel Serato DJ & DVS enabled mixer.
- Plug-and-play with Serato DJ.
- On-board FX Unit with visual feedback.
- MIDI-assignable elements for extra control.
- Active USB hub for connection of further USB devices.
Stability Improvements & Enhancements
We’ve been listening closely to our users and worked to include significant stability improvements on your most requested features. This includes:
- Dictate Smart Crates by key notation.
- Scratching no longer jumps out of a Loop.
- Audio optimizations.
- Memory optimizations.
Read the full list of improvements, changes and additions in the Serato DJ 1.9.6 release notes.
Download Serato DJ 1.9.6
And there’s a couple of extra videos explaining some of the new updates in a tad more detail.