I think I’ve mentioned the slow arduous path to Serato DJ v2, so let’s dispense with that from now on, because it’ll never make Serato pull their finger out, and just makes the wait even longer. So instead, I’ll just focus on what this Serato DJ 1.9.3 public beta focusses on. In this case the release kisses goodbye to the SP-6 sampler, and in its place is plain old Sampler and with it come two extra slots. I never could understand why the eight pads resplendent on all their controllers only fired six samples.
Full release notes follow:
Serato DJ 1.9.3 Now In Public Beta
Serato DJ 1.9.3 is now in public beta, adding a number of new features and improvements including:
- The Serato DJ Sample Player has been updated from the classic SP-6, now with an additional two slots, as well as a number of changes to the design for better usability.
- An improved and refreshed look for MIDI mapping.
- Various bug fixes, changes and stability improvements.
Michael Redwood (Serato Product Team Manager) says: “The Serato Sampler gets some well deserved attention in this update, as well as continued improvements to stability and performance for working DJs. We appreciate all the support and involvement from our community and the Serato DJ 1.9.3 public beta is a great time to test out our latest update and give feedback directly to the team.”
Join the Serato DJ 1.9.3 Public Beta to try this update early and give feedback.
- Includes two extra sample slots, allowing a total of eight samples to be loaded at once.
- Mapped across all supported hardware.
- A redesigned interface with new simple / advanced view modes for ease of use and also flexibility for complex control.
- More improvements listed in the full release notes.
This release also includes a number of important stability improvements for all Serato DJs. Read the full list of bug fixes, changes and additions in the Serato DJ 1.9.3 release notes.
Join the Serato DJ 1.9.3 beta: http://sera.to/-b5s5
SAMPLER – THE DETAIL
I lifted this from the release notes:
• Update to Sampler (previously called SP-6), includes:
– New Sampler layout design for simple and extended views
– 8 available sample slots per bank
– Simple Sync available for Sampler slots
It’s a nice clean layout, and the simple sync seems to work in the short time I played. At least we’ll no longer have two dead slots on the 2 x 4 buttons.
The public beta is available today, but as ever, don’t use a beta if your mortgage depends on it.