Everyone loves a good pair of cans right? And these days they’re used for more than just spinning tunes. So please say hello to the Reloop SHP-8, the studio and production first headphones that I imagine will sound spiffing while you go about your daily doings too.
Of course there are words, lots of them because this is Reloop and they always do the most extensive PR:
PROFESSIONAL OVER-EAR HEADPHONES FOR STUDIO AND MONITORING
Muenster, 26th June 2018
The SHP-8 is a professional over-ear headphone, designed for studio use and monitoring purposes. Thanks to the closed-back construction with passive bass amplification (Bass Accentuation Technology), the SHP-8 offers clear and precise reproduction of low frequencies, making it also suitable for DJ applications.
Balanced sound with Bass Accentuation Technology:
The balanced sound characteristics are defined by an especially neutral and detailed reproduction of the whole frequency spectrum. Bass Accentuation Technology allows you to boost the low frequencies by +3 dB or +6 dB, making it easy to adapt the SHP-8 to different applications.
High wearing comfort with extensive adjustment features:
Two rotatable ear cups guarantee comfortable handling while the extendable, sturdy aluminium headband makes it possible to adapt the SHP-8 to your size. As the headband is highly flexible, one-sided monitoring is also possible. Memory foam padding and high-quality protein leather offer a comfortable fit while simultaneously ensuring outstanding humidity absorption during intensive use.
Sturdy, high-grade construction with aluminium and gun metal finish:
Pluggable cable connections are easy to exchange, guaranteeing high flexibility during use. The SHP-8’s uses a high-quality 3.5 mm stereo jack cable with gold-plated plug. The one-sided cable connection is especially durable and the spring-loaded bend protection is designed to avoid cable breakage. Thanks to its sturdy aluminium construction, the SHP-8 is robust and hard-wearing. Available in anthracite grey with gun metal finish.
- Professional over-ear headphones for studio and monitoring application
- Closed architecture with passive bass enhancement
- Neutral and detailed reproduction of the whole frequency range
- Bass Accentuation Technology: Individual adjustment of the low end frequency range for each earcup in 3 increments (neutral/+3 dB/+6 dB)
- Precise and clear bass reproduction, the SHP-8 is therefore also ideally suited for DJing
- Rotatable earcups for comfortable handling
- Extensible, sturdy frame made of aluminium adapts perfectly to the shape of your head
- Highly flexible headband allows one-ear monitoring as well
- Comfortable padding composed of memory foam and premium protein leather with excellent humidity absorption characteristics – even during a long session
- One-sided cable routing for more flexibility
- Easily replacable, disconnectable cable connection
- 3.5 mm stereo jack cable with gold-plated plugs and spring-loaded bend protection
- Sturdy high-quality construction containing aluminium with a gunmetal finish
- Incl. classy velvet bag and gold-plated 6.3 mm stereo jack adapter
Frequency range: 10 Hz – 20 kHz Max. input power: 20 mW Impedance: 32 Ohm +/-15 %
Acoustic pressure: 96 dB +/-3 dB at 1 kHz Driver unit: 40 mm
Speaker power: 10 mW Connections: 3.5 mm jack
6.3 mm adapter (gold-plated) Weight: 237 g
2.2 m (flat cable)
Price: 99 € | 119 US $ | £ 89 Available: mid of July
The one thing that has always struck me about Reloop is the build quality. And if the SHP-8s are anything like the rest of their range, they should be able to take a beating. It’s funny that durability is the first thing that comes to my mind when talking about headphones, but working DJs are less than kind to them. Hopefully the “classy velvet bag” (your PR always makes me happy Reloop) will help keep them in good nick.
There’s really not much to say about the SHP-8 — they’re another pair of decent headphones offering more choice for the end user. Coming to your local DJ retail establishment for $119/€99/£89 in around a month.