In the DJ world, using a DVS often means dropping a lot of money on expensive accompanying hardware. But people love choice, and that’s exactly what this new Mixvibes Cross DVS pack offers. Coming complete with a pair of Cross control vinyls, this package gives you total freedom to use whatever USB audio interface you like.
The press release:
Mixvibes Cross DVS : Open, Affordable, Full-featured
Mixvibes introduces Cross DVS, a pack with its flagship pro DJ software, Cross + 2 control vinyls. It works with any soundcard and mixer, and is only $149.
Open: Works with your audio interface.
DJs can use Cross DVS with:
- Any 4-channels soundcard with Asio driver or Core audio.
- Any mixer with built-in soundcard.
- Over 80 MIDI controllers (DVS supported if 4-channels soundcard)
Full list of supported MIDI controllers: http://www.mixvibes.com/compatible-controllers
Affordable: Pro DJ software + 2 control vinyls for $149
So what’s in the box?
- A pro DJ software: Cross. It has 4 decks, a sampler, iTunes integration and more.
- 2 control vinyls + ISO files to burn control CDs.
- The opportunity NOT to buy a new soundcard, since Cross DVS works with any soundcard or mixer with built-in sound card.
Full-featured: Cross has more than a regular DJ software.
Cross DVS includes Cross, the latest Mixvibes DJ software.
- More features: more video mix options, more CDJ models available in HID mode.
- Exclusive features: rekordbox sync, video sampler, direct share of your mix on major streaming platforms (Mixcloud, Soundcloud, YouTube, Dailymotion)
Pricing and availability
Cross DVS is $149.99.
Grab it here: http://www.mixvibes.com/products/crossdvs
Main software features:
- Works with any soundcard
- Advanced collection: playlists, search and iTunes integration
- Keylock: no more tone changes
- Use quantized loops, hot cues and smart seek to re-edit tracks live
- Add effects, samples and video to the mix
- Simple, no-fuss user interface
- Plug & play with your audio interface
- Ultra stable system based on Mixvibes’ 10-year experience in DVS technology – 4 full-featured decks
- Full Video mixing (2 video decks, video sampler)
- Two 8-pad samplers
- Key detection and control
- Frequency colored waveforms
- 14 effects
- iTunes integration and advanced music collection
- 2 player timecode control (vinyl or CD)
- Pioneer CDJ control (HID)
- MIDI control with 80+ mappings included
- iOS remote control
Choice is good
It seems that Mixvibes has decided on the slowly but surely approach, and has added and perfected one element at a time. And now we’re at the vinyl hurdle, where all the elements have come together to make one complete does-everything family of products.
We’re putting the finishing touches to our Cross review — Jared is doing most of it, and I get the honour of trying out the DVS part. That’ll be ready in the next couple of weeks, but in the mean time, you can download a fully functioning demo and try it for yourself.