Just a quickie — Serato has rolled out an incremental update. Serato DJ 1.7.1 accommodates the new Akai Pro AMX as well as squishing a couple of bugs.
Brief words from Serato:
SERATO ANNOUNCES THE RELEASE OF SERATO DJ 1.7.1
Serato is proud to announce the release of Serato DJ 1.7.1, available to download now from serato.com/dj.
This latest update for Serato DJ includes official support for the brand new Akai Pro AMX and two bug fixes for continued stability and performance.
SERATO DJ 1.7.1
Hardware Support: Akai Pro AMX
- The Akai Pro AMX is a two-channel DJ controller that works plug-and-play with Serato DJ.
- Its compact size and stylish design make it an affordable and powerful central hub for any Serato DJ setup.
- Connecting the Akai Pro AMX with Serato DJ will give you control over 2 decks and additional software features, such as the ability to navigate your music library and load tracks.
- The Akai Pro AMX is Serato DVS Upgrade Ready, giving you the ability to connect turntables or CDJs and use Serato Noisemap™ control CDs/Vinyl to control Serato DJ.
- For full feature details and to watch a demo video please visit serato.com/hardware/akai-amx
Serato DJ 1.7.1 includes two important bug fixes to continue the unparalleled level of stability and performance that Serato software is renowned for.
Bug fixes are:
- Unable to rename session names in History panel
- Sampler Pad mode not working when switching from Hot Cues with Pioneer DDJ-SZ
For more detail please read the Serato DJ 1.7.1 Release Notes
Download Serato DJ from serato.com/dj/downloads
I suspect we’ll see a couple of incremental updates between now and NAMM 2015 in January. But NAMM is traditionally a big even for Serato, usually because a hardware manufacturer wants to unleash their new shiny.
Speaking of which, if you want to see the AMX in action, check out our video from BPM 2014 of DJ Rasp giving the AMX and its AFX sibling and thorough workout.