We saw the teaser, then the other teaser, and now we have the final release. Therefore Mixvibes is pleased to announce Remixlive, an iOS app that is a sample playing and recording toolkit, a bit like a DAW but without all the DAWish complexities that you just don’t understand or need.
The words from Mixvibes HQ:
Mixvibes introduces Remixlive, a brand new iOS app built for live remixing.
Mixvibes, pioneer in digital DJing, is introducing Remixlive, a versatile remix toolbox that fits all needs. Intuitive, yet equipped with comprehensive sample-editing features, this app will inspire beginners and accomplished producers alike.
More and more DJs want to get into music production – however, not all of them can or want to jump straight into sophisticated DAWs. Thus, Remixlive was specifically designed as a bridge between DJing and music production: it allows users to lay down pro-sounding samples on an easy-to-use grid of pads and tweak them in seconds. Its simple design makes it very straightforward, with an interface that truly follows everyone’s learning curve – one step at a time.
- Remixlive has everything you need to remix music using synced loops, sounds & FX.
- Always stay on the beat: no matter how many loops are playing, they are all automatically synced to the Master Clock.
- Create rich and layered tracks with Multiple Mode: play several samples per column.
Remix music, live
Remixlive is specifically optimized for live performance. Our powerful engine allows you to edit any sample in real time. Without stopping the music, you can:
- change the tempo
- adjust the tone of the samples
- play samples in reverse mode — and more.
Record & fine-tune
Want to create unique tracks? You can use your device’s microphone to record sounds, vocals and instruments, and then fine-tune your samples using a nondestructive ADSR envelope editor.
Mixvibes has created Remixlive in order to inspire DJs and budding musicians to start producing their own music. Remixlive is both easy and fun to use, and a great way to open up the vast world of electronic music production to a much larger number of people.
- Grid: 24 pads on the iPhone, 48 on the iPad.
- 48 samples per pack: from beats and basslines to melodies, vocals, and FX samples.
- 15 sample packs ranging from Hip-Hop to Dubstep — with more coming soon.
- Artist pack by legendary DJ/producer Carl Cox, and more to be added.
- Includes sample packs by world-famous sound design studio Loopmasters.
- Create your own packs by mixing and matching samples from existing packs.
- Instant FX pad: Delay, Filter, Flanger, Reverb, and many more.
- Loop your track using the different beat-repeat pads, from 2 bars down to a single beat.
- Live BPM control: change the tempo on the fly without stopping the music.
- Multiple Mode: play several pads per column simultaneously.
- Control levels and filters for each column.
- Trigger an entire line of samples at once with a simple swipe across the screen.
- Record your performance in high quality AAC audio.
- Share your recordings via email, or open them using your device’s other music apps.
- Edit Play mode (loop, one-shot, gate), Quantize, Gain, ADSR, Pan, Loop Division, Reverse.
- Import your own samples directly from your iTunes library.
- Record any sound or voice through the mic — with an optional overdub.
- Load, move and duplicate any sample, anywhere on the grid.
- Transpose: raise or lower the tone of your samples.
- High quality audio limiter.
- Ultra-accurate BPM detection.
And, last but not least, the app is universal: buy it once and you can use it on both your iPad and your iPhone.
Pricing & availability
Remixlive is available on iOS.
It comes as a free app with In-App Purchases. Download: http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1058801458
More info: www.mixvibes.com/remixlive
MY FIVE MINUTES WITH REMIXLIVE
Because it’s free, I urge you to download it and have a go for yourself. In my 5 minutes of play, I rapidly came to realise that I could probably keep a crowd happy for an hour just with the supplied Deep House samples. It’s highly engaging fun, and for this reason alone, you should stop reading this and go have a play for yourself.
Download it here.