And finally we come to where it all started – Serato have rolled out the same under the hood Serato video stuff and the aforementioned and much requested FLAC support, along with a bunch of SSL-specific bug fixes.
Here’s the full change list:
Scratch Live 2.4.3 (changes since 2.4.2)
* Serato Video Delay Compensation (in the video setup screen menu)
Offset the master video feed from the audio when you have sync/latency issues.
* Auto transition FX (in the fader tab of video)
Set this option if you don’t want to change FX manually. Transitions will change upon every track load. There is a On/Off (auto) button, a Random button, and a “next transition please” button.
* Dedicated Video View – preview decks next to virtual decks, etc.
* FLAC support
* Fixed an SP6 bug where playing from the 6th slot causes a crash (windows).
* When midi mapping the ‘add cue point’ button for a cue point slot, the behaviour is now either add a cue point if one doesn’t exist, or reset the position of the cue point if the cue already exists. Note: this is the same functionality as 2.3.3.
* Fixed REL mode tracking issues when using SPDIF on the Rane 68.
* Fixed a Rane Sixty-One, Sixty-Two and 68 bug whereby the FLEX FX sends for bpm dependent effects, such as echo, where not using the deck’s bpm.
** The bpm for those effects was using a default value of 120 bpm, so the best way to hear the bug is to use a track with a bpm not close to this value.
* Fixed bug where the green midi mapped box wouldn’t appear for some midi devices.
* Changed the TTM 57 hardware panel text from video-sl to Serato Video.
* Updated the Serato Video icons in the TTM 57 hardware panel.
Library and Track metadata fixes
* Fixed bug where .xml/.ovb data would not be generated for files that need it; quicktime decoded files that don’t use mpeg4 containers.
* Implemented the ability to lock/unlock the beat grid by ctrl+clicking either status column of the track library, or the song info display’s grid edit/locked indicator. The state is saved to the database and respects the settings used by ITCH.
Video related fixes
* Added the missing False Color effect to the automatically generated effects_list.xml
** Note that if effects_list.xml already exists then you either have to delete the effects_list.xml and allow it to be recreated, or add1. <effect ID="17825797" name="False Color" ></effect>
to the file manually by adding it to the “Lighting” xml element.
* The Serato Video Image effect ‘size’ param is now saved and loaded to and from xml.
* Fixed bug where auto cross fading from left to right would get stuck at zero when the auto cross fade speed is slow.
* Adjusted the auto cross fade speed so that the low-mid-high speeds at 10 secs-4.4 secs-super fast. The mid is a little faster than VSL 1.2.
* Fixed a bug where the auto fader couldn’t fade hard left.
Backing up your Data
Please make sure you have read and understood the instructions for backing up your data here ->serato.com (click link)
Running more than one version of Scratch Live
Please make sure you have read and understood the instructions for running more than one version of Scratch Live here -> serato.com (click link).
Remember, this is a pre-release software version, so use it at your own risk!
Before the beta, please ensure that you have backed up your data!
DOWNLOAD LINK UPDATE
To get access to the beta, you’ll need to be a member of the Serato forum, and sign up to the beta Scratch Live here. No signup, no access, hence the previous “access denied” messages.
And yes, I made a new version counter graphic. Easier to work with and suits the site much better. But I’m kinda screwed if anything DJlike gets to v10 or above.
A question – how important is FLAC to you? Did you stop waiting and move to something else? I only ask as I cannot tell the difference between a 320K MP3 and lossless. It’s just not important to me, but I’d love to know if it is to you.