Given my total lack of journalistic qualifications, I’m allowed a huge amount of creative license when crafting my stories. One such abuse of the Queen’s English is to refer to new gear as “shiny”. So it comes as some surprise to me that for 2 days running, I can combine verbiage abuse with alliteration, because Pioneer’s offering for NAMM 2013 is shiny shiny. Indeed, the current trend for pushing the normally reserved aesthetic DJ rules has been well and truly bent and upcoming are limited edition platinum finish CDJ-2000NXS-M, DJM-900NXS-M and RMX-1000-M editions.
First the words:
Powerful performance meets premium design –
Pioneer releases the limited production Platinum Collection:
the CDJ-2000NXS-M, DJM-900NXS-M and RMX-1000-M
22nd January 2013: Pioneer is redefining quality with the release of sleek Platinum Editions of its pro-DJ set up: CDJ-2000NXS-M, DJM-900NXS-M and RMX-1000-M.
The Platinum Collection offers exceptional standout in the booth, with platinum chrome top panels and blue and white LEDs giving them a stylish reflective surface and premium feel. The CDJ-2000NXS-M gets a platinum chrome jog wheel to complete the metallic look, and every Platinum Edition bears a plate inscribed with its unique limited edition serial number.
The club-standard CDJ-2000nexus multiplayer, DJM-900nexus mixer and RMX-1000 remix station already stood out as the next generation in professional performance, offering DJs formidable features to mash up tracks and stamp their unique style on every set.
The CDJ-2000NXS-M player delivers all the highly evolved features of the industry-standard model, including compatibility with rekordboxTM DJ software on smartphones and tablets. The DJM-900NXS-M mixer boasts improved audio output and gold-plated terminals for better sound quality and durability. Completing the set up, the RMX-1000-M has an exclusive Platinum Edition GUI for rekordbox and the compatible VST/AU/RTAS plug-ins.
The exclusive Platinum Edition production run will be limited to 4,000 CDJ-2000NXS-M, and 2,000 each of the DJM-900NXS-M and RMX-1000-M.
The collection will be available in Europe as a complete set – two CDJ-2000NXS-M units, one DJM-900NXS-M, one RMX-1000-M and matching RMX-1000-M stand – from the end of February 2013, at an SRP of EUR 7,499/GBP 5,999, including VAT. To complement this flagship setup, customers will receive two Pioneer DAS-DGC020 reference grade RCA digital cables (worth EUR 119 each) with every bundle purchased (one cable per CDJ-2000NXS-M).
Key features of the CDJ-2000nexus series
- Compatible with the included rekordbox DJ software and the rekordbox app for smartphones and tablets
- Load tracks via USB, SD card or Wi-Fi1
- PRO DJ link enables sharing rekordbox music sources with up to four players orturntables connected via LAN cable
- Improved Master Tempo and Quantize
- Four-deck Master Sync and Hot Cue Auto Load
- Wave display with Wave Zoom and enhanced track information
- Slip Mode silently continues track playback during loops, reverse and scratches, and brings it back in when the move is finished
- My Settings function for immediate access to personal preferences in the booth
Key features of the DJM-900nexus series
- NEW for the Platinum Edition: a new high-performance crystal oscillator reduces jitter by around 25 per cent. D/A, A/D and DSP precision have all been enhanced, while power supply stabilisation ensures playback is even more faithful to the original
- NEW for the Platinum Edition: gold-plated terminals for better sound quality anddurability
- PRO DJ link enables sharing rekordbox music sources with up to four players connected via LAN cable
- Six Sound Colour FX and thirteen Quantized Beat FX
- X-Pad offers one-finger control of Beat FX
- Fully TRAKTORTM compatible for plug-and-play simplicity
Key features of the RMX-1000
- NEW: Platinum edition GUI
- Multi-use, three-in-one remixer enables DJs to mash up tracks on the fly
- Fully customisable performance hardware using remixboxTM editing software
- Dedicated controller for compatible VST/AU/RTAS plug-ins
- Recreate studio-quality effects and beatbox sounds
- Ten Scene FX and four sample banks
- Multiple FX chaining and Release FX
- Quantize function and Auto BPM engine
- Three-band isolator and isolator FX
- Touch-sensitive X-Pad with exclusive Pitch Roll
- SD card slot enables DJs to instantly load their own settings in the booth
So this is a complete set of 2 x CDJ-2000NXS, a DJM-900NXS and an RMX-1000 with a shiny platinum paint job. Well… not quite, because the DJM-900NXS gets a new oscillator and gold connectors. Whether this becomes a standard feature on the regular DJM is unknown right now. 4000 complete sets sounds like a hell of a lot to shift, but as far as workflows goes, it’s about as ultimate as you can get right now.
Quite how a chrome paint job reacts to various lighting scenarios remains to be seen. I’m not going to lie – it looks like the absolute dogs bollocks from where I’m sitting, even if I’m never likely to actually see them for myself. Hopefully the DJWORX team can get some decent shots of them at NAMM rather than renders.