Being best buddies with one of the largest DJ companies in the known universe clearly has its advantages. As creators of rekordbox, MixVibes have given Cross a very strong library function. But now the interoperability with Pioneer hardware is now complete, for MixVibes Cross v2.3 is now perfectly in tune with the whole current CDJ range via the magic of HID. Marvellous.
Some brief words:
Cross & CrossDJ 2.3 release (Mac/PC)
Paris, France – January 23rd, 2013 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
We are proud to announce Cross 2.3, featuring the most advanced HID integration on the market:
- Full control of the CDJ, plus extras (smart seek, call locators).
- Works with the entire Pioneer CDJ range (2000 nexus, 2000, 900, 850, 400 and 350).
- Easy setup : 2 USB cables and 1 laptop – no soundcard required.
- Adding the Video Plug-in, Cross turns the CDJ into a powerful audio/video player.
Also in this update and in CrossDJ 2.3:
- Slip mode : keep your groove when scratching, looping or using locators. – Start/Brake time settings
- Loop Out adjust
- “Halve Loop” and “Double Loop” commands
- 1/3 and 3/4 loop-lengths in autoloops.
- Handling of non-standard 14-bits MIDI controllers.
Download the update
Cross Mac http://forum.mixvibes.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=646
Cross Pc http://forum.mixvibes.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=647
CrossDJ Mac http://forum.mixvibes.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=648
CrossDJ Pc http://forum.mixvibes.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=649
Just watching the video shows how deep the integration between hardware and software goes. 2 USB cables later and MixVibes Cross is playing audio and video like a boss. It does appear that the claim of having the most advanced HID integration might not be empty marketing claims. And when you add video into the equation, it does give the big 3 something to worry about.
If this doesn’t get people to take Cross seriously then nothing will. The ongoing review will now include v2.3, and if it doesn’t get delivered soon, someone is getting fired. Again.